We Are All In This Together
What happens when I submit a request for help?
Requests are all categorized and sorted by our team of volunteers. We offer three different kinds of responses to requests for help.
1) For requests that are complex and without a known solution, we will have one of our volunteer writers contact you directly. We will detail your experience, the problem, and your various attempts at trying to solve it. We will then write and publish the story to our website under "Find Pivot Projects." Then, using our network and distribution channels, we'll share the story and ask people everywhere if they have had a similar problem and if they have solved it. If they have answered it, we will contact them and connect you directly, if it is a viable solution. We also allow people to submit solution ideas and offer help directly to you. Once the solution is confirmed, we will publish a follow up article detailing how the entire process and outcome.
2) For requests that match open Pivot Project cases and on-going cases, we will connect you directly with the volunteers who are organizing and managing the solution for your need.
3) For common inquiries or requests that are supported by government agencies and partner organizations, we will share the information for where you can apply for benefits or request help from the specific teams currently providing on-going support that matches your need.
Request help here.
Will everyone who requests help receive a response?
Yes, we will respond to every submission, but unfortunately we will not be able to cover every story. We will respond to everyone as quickly as possible, but our response time will vary depending on the number of submissions and volunteers available at any given time.
Who can offer help?
Everyone can offer help. We are looking for all kinds of solutions and types of resources. We welcome individuals, communities, brands, teams, media companies, and government resources. If you want to help out, but you are unsure how to do so, please feel free to complete a form and offer assistance in any way possible and we will guide you in the right direction. All offers and submissions will be stored and tagged in our database for opportunities that match particular issues. Don't be shy, we are looking for the helpers and it might just be you! Offer help here.
Who should volunteer?
Volunteers will be working with Pivot Project directly, but these teams are not offering direct support to requests for solutions. Instead, volunteers will work directly with Pivot Project to respond to requests, conduct research, publish editorial, manage social media, and various other roles. Everyone is welcome to apply to be a volunteer. Although we cannot guarantee that you will be placed in your desired role, we are sure that we will do our best to make use of your kind generosity and find a way for you to be involved with the cause.
Apply to volunteer here.
How do we support existing organizations and initiatives?
First, thank you for taking an initiative and establishing a way to solve some of the problems facing our world today. There are two ways that we can help support you and your organization.
1) After we review your team and establish reliability, we will connect you with a writer who will interview your team and write your story. We will publish your story and add you to our list of partners, as well as add your details to our list of resources.
2) In addition to option 1, we can offer media support. Using our team of media partners, influencers, and brand partners - we can help with distributing your solution and providing additional reach. We will not be able to support all who apply, but we will respond to everyone with our final decision. Response times will vary depending on the number of submissions and available volunteers.
Apply to become a partner here.
Who can share a story?
If you or someone you know has a fun, compassionate, or heart-warming story that demonstrates innovative thinking or kindness in our communities, we want to hear from you.
Send us your stories here.
Got a question that we didn't answer? Contact us at email@example.com